Monday, April 11, 2011

1. My Media Diet

1. Your Media Diet
My Media Diet:
  • Monday: 
    •   Television
      • Glanced at the news on TV during lunch and dinner. Total time 10 minutes
    • Magazine
      • Flipped through Cosmo. Total time 10 minutes
    • Book
      • Read Atlas Shrugged. Total time 15 minutes
    • Internet
      • Facebook. Total time 30 minutes
      • Camino. Total time 45 minutes
      • Check school email. Total time 10 minutes
      • Random Internet surfing. Total time 45 minutes
    • Total Media Usage: 2 hrs 45 minutes
  • Tuesday:
    •   Television
      • Watched 2 episodes of How I Met Your Mother. Total time 45 minutes
      • Watched 1 episode of Gossip Girl. Total time 45 minutes
    • Internet
      • Facebook. Total time 15 minutes
      • Camino. Total time 10 minutes
      • Check school email. Total time 5 minutes
      • Random Internet surfing. Total time 30 minutes
      • Online Shopping. Total time 45 minutes
    • Total Media Usage: 3 hrs 10 minutes
  • Wednesday:
    • Internet
      • Camino. Total time 10 minutes
      • Check school email. Total time 5 minutes
      • Random Internet surfing. Total time 1 hr 30 minutes
    • Total Media Usage: 1 hrs 45 minutes
  • Thursday:
    •  Television
      • Watched 2 Episodes of How I met your Mother. Total time 45 minutes
    • Book
      • Read Atlas Shrugged. Total time 20 minutes
    • Newspaper
      • Read SCU paper. Total time 15 minutes
    • Internet
      • Facebook. Total time 30 minutes
      • Camino. Total time 30 minutes
      • Check school email. Total time 10 minutes
    • Total Media Usage: 2 hrs 30 minutes
  • Friday:
    • Internet
      • Facebook. Total time 15 minutes
      • Check school email. Total time 5 minutes
    •  Total Media Usage: 20 minutes




Total Media Usage over 5 days: 10 hrs 30 minutes

My media diet largely consists of internet usage. I think this is because I do not watch a lot of TV at school. I usually only watch TV when it is on in Benson, even though I have a TV in my room. My media usage is similar to the usage of other people my age, with the exception of TV. Although, I watch TV on my computer, I classified it under Internet. In general, American society receives most of its media through television and the internet. I would like to make more time for reading over the course of the week, I did not even read my book for an hour in five days.  I would also like to spend less time on facebook, and maybe find a website that would be a more productive use of my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment